Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Jason Vargas seeks his fifth consecutive victory and attempts to end a hot month in style when the Seattle Mariners host the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday. The Mariners are looking for a season-best sixth straight win - and having Vargas on the mound certainly helps the chances as he is 4-0 with a 1.46 ERA in five July starts. Toronto lost Monday’s opener to fall into last place in the American League East.
The Blue Jays fanned 15 times in a 4-1 loss that featured Seattle’s Hisashi Iwakuma setting a franchise rookie record with 13 strikeouts. It was the second straight game in which the high-powered Toronto offense recorded just one run. Seattle has won 12 of its last 18 games. The two teams made a deal that was announced following Monday’s game – the Mariners sent reliever Steve Delabar to the Blue Jays for Triple-A outfielder Eric Thames. Seattle also traded struggling reliever Brandon League to the Los Angeles Dodgers for two minor leaguers in outfielder Leon Landry and pitcher Logan Bawcom. The Blue Jays also dealt outfielder Travis Snider to the Pittsburgh Pirates for pitcher Brad Lincoln.
Laffey is making his seventh start for Toronto. He received a no-decision against the Oakland Athletics in his last outing when he gave up four runs and five hits in 5 2/3 innings. Laffey was a reliever for Seattle for most of the 2011 season. He is 1-1 with a 3.53 ERA in six career starts against the Mariners.
Vargas allowed just one run and one hit in eight innings while dominating the Kansas City Royals in his last outing. He hasn’t allowed a homer in either of his last two starts after permitting at least one in 12 consecutive outings. Vargas lost to Toronto earlier this season when he gave up two runs and four hits in six innings. He is 0-3 with a 6.49 ERA in five career starts against the Blue Jays.
2. Mariners closer Tom Wilhelmsen was away from the team Monday due to the expected birth of his first child.
Recent Trends on Toronto: :
- Over is 41-15-2 in TOR last 58 Tue. games.
Recent Trends on Seattle: :
- Under is 5-1-2 in SEA last 8 games following a win.
- Under is 18-6-2 in SEA last 26 home games.
- Under is 23-8-2 in SEA last 33 overall.
Head to Head :
- Over is 8-3 in the last 11 meetings.
- TOR are 8-3 in the last 11 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Seattle -120
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Baseball Betting: Tampa Bay Rays vs Seattle Mariners
- Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles
- Las Vegas MLB Prediction: Toronto Blue Jays vs Detroit Tigers
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners
- Monday July 30 Prediction: Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners