Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies
Monday, September 10, 2012
The San Francisco Giants are riding high after winning two of three against the second-place Los Angeles Dodgers over the weekend to lead the National League West by 5 1/2 games. They’ll try to avoid a letdown when they begin a three-game series against the Colorado Rockies, who have lost five straight games after being swept by Philadelphia in a doubleheader Sunday. The Giants have won 13 of their last 18 games against NL West opponents, and their remaining 22 games are all in the division. The Rockies committed five errors in 7-4 loss to the Phillies in Sunday’s nightcap, which concluded a 1-6 road trip.
With three games left against a team that currently has a winning record, the Giants control their fate in the NL West. If they can win their next few series, there's a good chance their final regular season series against Los Angeles could be meaningless. San Francisco is hoping to get left fielder Xavier Nady back in a few days, and he could return as a pinch hitter during the Rockies series. Nady has been out since straining his left hamstring Wednesday. Colorado shortstop Troy Tulowitzki could return later this week after playing a few more rehab games. Tulowitzki, who has been out since the end of May with a left groin injury that required surgery, has played just 47 games this season, batting .287 with eight homers and 27 RBIs.
Vogelsong has struggled over his last five starts, going 2-2 with a 10.13 ERA in 21 1/3 innings. Opponents are hitting .385 (37-for-96) against him during that stretch. He gave up six runs in 3 1/3 innings Tuesday against the Diamondbacks. He’s pitched well against Colorado throughout his career, going 5-0 with a 1.80 ERA in six starts.
White’s lack of control remains an issue after striking out 21 and walking 21 over his last eight starts. He gave up one unearned run in four innings against that Atlanta on Wednesday, and he’s failed to pitch past the fourth inning in his last six starts. The rookie is 0-2 with a 7.90 ERA in three starts against the Giants this season.
2. Rockies C Wilin Rosario allowed four passed balls in the first game of Sunday’s doubleheader, giving him 19 for the season.
3. The Giants have lost just five times in 73 games when leading after seven innings.
Recent Trends on San Francisco::
- Over is 7-1 in SF last 8 Mon. games.
- SF are 15-5 in their last 20 Mon. games.
- SF are 19-7 in their last 26 road games.
Recent Trends on Colorado::
- Under is 9-1 in COL last 10 games following a loss.
- Under is 16-5 in COL last 21 overall.
- Under is 16-5 in COL last 21 on grass.
Head to Head :
- SF are 25-9 in the last 34 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: San Francisco -140
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Sports Gambling: San Francisco Giants at Colorado Rockies
- Las Vegas MLB Prediction: San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies
- MLB Sports Gambling: San Diego Padres at Colorado Rockies
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds: San Francisco Giants at Colorado Rockies
- MLB Baseball Las Vegas Odds: San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies