Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Minnesota Twins vs Seattle Mariners
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Jason Vargas attempts to pad his career-best victory total and win for the seventh time in eight starts when the Seattle Mariners host the Minnesota Twins in Saturday’s second contest of the three-game series. Vargas’ success hinges on his newfound ability to keep the ball in the park as he has allowed just one homer over his last five starts after giving up 25 over his first 20 outings. Minnesota has lost three consecutive contests.
The Twins have the worst record in the American League but little blame for that can be placed on Josh Willingham, who smacked his 31st homer of the season in the opener. Willingham is third in the AL in homers and has 89 RBIs. Willingham has never driven in 100 runs in a season – his career high of 98 came last year for the Oakland Athletics. The Mariners have won three straight games. Hisashi Iwakuma retired the first 12 batters to stretch Seattle’s consecutive hitters retired streak to 42 – the best in the majors since 1974 – before Justin Morneau doubled to start the fifth. Felix Hernandez tossed a perfect game on Wednesday.
Diamond has pitched seven or more innings in four consecutive starts. He took a no-decision against the Tampa Bay Rays in his last outing when he allowed three runs and eight hits in seven innings. Diamond has walked just three batters over his last 30 1/3 innings and has issued two or fewer walks in all 18 starts. He has never faced Seattle.
Vargas has allowed one run or less in five of his last eight outings. He outdueled Angels Cy Young Award candidate Jered Weaver in his last start when he gave up one run and seven hits in 8 1/3 innings. Vargas has walked just two batters in 23 1/3 innings over his last three starts. He received a no-decision against the Twins on May 4 when he allowed one run in 6 1/3 innings and is 2-1 with a 4.02 ERA in six career appearances (five starts) against Minnesota.
1. Seattle’s John Jaso hit a two-run homer in the opener and is batting .343 since the All-Star break.
2. Willingham is hitless in 14 career at-bats – striking out seven times – against Vargas.
3. The Mariners have won 10 of their last 11 home games.
Recent Trends on Minnesota: :
- MIN are 1-7 in their last 8 overall.
- MIN are 1-7 in their last 8 games on grass.
- Over is 9-3-1 in MIN last 13 road games.
Recent Trends on Seattle: :
- SEA are 10-1 in their last 11 Sat. games.
- SEA are 10-1 in their last 11 home games.
- SEA are 9-3 in their last 12 games following a win.
Head to Head :
- MIN are 2-6 in the last 8 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Seattle -120
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Minnesota Twins vs Seattle Mariners
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Seattle Mariners vs Minnesota Twins
- Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels
- MLB Baseball Predictions: Minnesota Twins vs Seattle Mariners
- MLB Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins at Seattle Mariners