Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Chicago Cubs & Chicago White Sox
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
The Chicago White Sox had won seven of the last eight meetings with the Chicago Cubs before getting clubbed in Monday’s series opener. The visiting Cubs slugged five home runs in the 12-3 triumph, including four against White Sox starter Zach Stewart. Interleague play has traditionally gone well for the White Sox, but they have lost seven of 10 against National League opposition over the last 11 days. With Monday’s defeat, the White Sox saw their lead in the American League Central reduced to a half game.
The Cubs have struggled in nearly every area, ranking near the bottom of the NL in both runs scored and ERA. Even after Monday’s win, they own the worst record in baseball and their 9-25 road record is tied for the worst in the major leagues. The White Sox, despite their recent struggles, are still in first place largely to the hitting of DH Adam Dunn, who leads the majors with 23 home runs, and 1B Paul Konerko, currently the AL’s leading hitter (.359). Starting pitchers Jake Peavy and Chris Sale have carried an erratic pitching staff.
Wood has pitched fairly well since joining the Cubs’ rotation, but he remains winless thanks in part to a lack of run support. He has been solid on the road, posting a 3.06 ERA in three road starts. The right-hander has never faced the White Sox, but he is 0-2 with a 5.25 ERA in four lifetime starts against American League teams.
The American League Pitcher of the Month in April, Peavy struggled in late May when he allowed 13 runs in 11 2/3 innings against Detroit and Cleveland. He then rebounded with three straight quality starts. The former NL Cy Young winner is 7-2 with a 2.39 ERA in 12 lifetime starts against the Cubs, throwing 6 1/3 scoreless innings in a road win on May 20.
1. Cubs LF Alfonso Soriano has enjoyed success against Peavy in the past, going 9-for-26 (.346) with three home runs, seven runs batted in and four walks. RF David De Jesus, on the other hand, is 0-for-14.
2. With Monday’s win, the Cubs maintain a slim 40-38 edge in regular-season games against the White Sox.
3. Despite this month’s rough stretch, the White Sox are still 35-17 in their last 52 interleague games.
Recent Trends on Chi. Cubs: :
- CHC are 8-24 in their last 32 overall.
- CHC are 8-24 in their last 32 games on grass.
- CHC are 5-13 in their last 18 interleague games.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- Over is 21-8-1 in CHW last 30 home games.
- CHW are 48-23 in their last 71 interleague games.
- Over is 7-3 in Peavys last 10 home starts.
Head to Head :
- Under is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings.
- CHC are 2-7 in the last 9 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: White Sox -210
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Las Vegas Free Betting Picks: Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs
- July 24 Free MLB Picks: Minnesota Twins vs Chicago White Sox
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds: Toronto Blue Jays vs Chicago White Sox
- Saturday July 7 Prediction: Toronto Blue Jays vs Chicago White Sox
- MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: Chicago Cubs visit Chicago White Sox