Las Vegas Free NHL Picks: Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens
Friday, March 23, 2012
Goaltender Craig Anderson will make his return after being sidelined for a month with a severed tendon in his right pinky finger. The Senators have dropped four of their last five and sit seventh in the Eastern Conference.
When: 7:30 PM ET, Friday, March 23, 2012
Where: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec
TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, RDS, RSNE
Ottawa Senators (37-27-10): All-Star center Jason Spezza skated for the first time this week Thursday. Sidelined with the flu, Spezza is expected to play in his 600th career game versus Montreal. The 28-year-old Spezza has struggled lately, collecting only one goal in his last eight contests. Spezza watched as Ottawa's offense couldn't get untracked in a 1-0 loss to Johan Hedberg and the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday.
Montreal Canadiens (28-33-13): Franchise defenseman Andrei Markov made his return from a prominent knee injury, but the rest of the team limped to a 3-0 setback to the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday. Fellow blueliner P.K. Subban, who logged significant ice time in Markov's absence, has collected seven points in his last eight games. "I’m extremely happy to see Marky back in the lineup; I think we all are,” Subban said. “He helps everybody in every situation, whether it’s the power play, even strength or the penalty kill."
After facing the Canadiens, Ottawa hosts
red-hot Pittsburgh on Saturday before hitting the road for a pivotal test
against Winnipeg on Monday.
2. Montreal owns a 3-0-2 edge in the season series, but Ottawa defenseman Filip Kuba netted the overtime winner in a 3-2 triumph last Friday.
NHL PREDICTION: Senators 3, Canadiens 2 (SO)
- NHL Las Vegas Betting Odds: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens
- NHL Hockey Las Vegas Odds: Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens
- NHL Hockey Betting Picks: Montreal Canadiens at Ottawa Senators
- NHL Playoffs Predictions and Picks: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens
- NHL Playoffs Predictions and Picks: Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens