June 19 Free MLB Picks: San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Angels
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
The Los Angeles Angels will look to overcome their series-opening loss when they send streaking C.J. Wilson to the mound versus the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday. Wilson has posted a 3-0 mark with a stingy 0.77 ERA in his last five starts. That type of dominance will surely be welcome after the Angels fell for the fourth time in 12 outings with a 5-3 setback to the Giants.
Mark Trumbo continued his stellar season by blasting his team-leading 16th homer on Monday. Although Los Angeles fell in the series opener, it did receive some good news. Ace Jered Weaver is set to come off the disabled list and rejoin the rotation on Wednesday. Weaver has been sidelined with a back strain and will replace Dan Haren, who will be pushed back to Friday.
After winning four of his previous five starts, Zito has struggled in his last two outings. The 33-year-old permitted five runs in as many innings on Thursday and yielded two homers for the second straight start. Zito has posted a 12-10 career mark versus the Angels, registering a 1.23 WHIP and limiting the club to a .232 batting average.
After a mediocre start, Wilson has been downright sizzling as of late - striking out 29 in his last five starts. In his last outing, the 31-year-old permitted one run on four hits in seven innings in a no-decision versus the Los Angeles Dodgers on Wednesday. Wilson's dominant stretch has enabled him to record the league's best ERA.
1. Los Angeles shortstop Erick Aybar has certainly warmed up to interleague play. After batting just .193 in 52 games versus American League teams, Aybar is 21-for-53 (.396) versus the National League. He went 2-for-4 on Monday.
2. After going 8-for-19 during a five-game stretch, Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval went 0-for-4 with a pair of strikeouts in the series opener.
3. Angels catcher Bobby Wilson was activated from the seven-day concussion disabled list and went 0-for-2 with a run-scoring sacrifice fly on Monday.
Recent Trends on San Francisco: :
- Over is 10-3 in SF last 13 road games.
- Under is 7-3-1 in Zitos last 11 Tue. starts.
- Over is 7-3-1 in Zitos last 11 road starts.
Recent Trends on LA Angels: :
- Under is 8-0 in LAA last 8 Tue. games.
- LAA are 18-7 in their last 25 overall.
- LAA are 18-7 in their last 25 games on grass.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Los Angeles -200
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Prediction on MLB Games: Cleveland Indians vs Los Angeles Angels
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Angels
- Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels
- MLB Vegas Odds: Baltimore Orioles at Los Angeles Angels
- MLB Sports Gambling Odds: Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics