July 14 Free MLB Picks: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Kansas City Royals expects to have Luke Hochevar at full strength after he left his July 5 start against Toronto with a sprained ankle. The Royals will be hoping that a healthy Hochevar can eat up some innings against Chicago on Saturday after each side used nine pitchers in Friday night’s 14-inning marathon. The Chicago White Sox prevailed 9-8 in the back-and-forth affair on a sacrifice fly by Kevin Youkilis. The newly acquired third baseman has at least one RBI in each of his last eight games.
The Royals, who own the worst home record in the American League at 14-24, are now 10 1/2 games off the pace in the American League Central. They have struggled to get quality pitching, and a young and potent offense has been missing out on some key opportunities — Kansas City left the bases loaded in the 11th inning of Friday’s loss, and baserunning gaffes led to two inning-ending double plays and a pickoff. First-place Chicago has been riding solid starting pitching from All-Stars Jake Peavy, who starts Saturday, and Chris Sale. White Sox DH Adam Dunn ranks among the major league leaders with 26 home runs.
Peavy, who lost four consecutive starts in June despite solid numbers (30 IP, 9 ER, 4 BB, 29 K), regained his winning form on July 6 against Toronto, giving up just one run on five hits in 7 1/3 innings of work. He ranks among the AL’s top six in innings, complete games, ERA, WHIP, and strikeouts. Peavy is 4-4 with a 4.56 ERA in nine lifetime starts against the Royals.
Hochevar has been awful at times this season, but he has also shown flashes of brilliance, turning in three scoreless outings of seven or more innings. One of those came on May 12 in Chicago, where he yielded just three hits in seven innings of work. The top overall pick in the 2006 draft, Hochevar has pitched against the White Sox 11 times, going 4-4 with a 3.95 ERA.
2. Chicago reserve INF Orlando Hudson, batting just .195 this season, is 7-for-14 in his career against Hochevar. C A.J. Pierzynski and CF Alex Rios are a combined 5-for-39 against the Kansas City right-hander.
3. The White Sox have won eight of their last nine games against AL Central teams, while Kansas City has now dropped seven divisional games in a row.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- CHW are 22-7 in their last 29 Sat. games.
- Over is 6-2 in CHW last 8 Sat. games.
- Under is 13-6 in CHW last 19 overall.
Recent Trends on Kansas City: :
- KC are 24-51 in their last 75 Sat. games.
Head to Head :
- Over is 9-3-1 in the last 13 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Chicago -126
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- Las Vegas MLB Prediction: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- MLB Baseball Las Vegas Odds: Chicago White Sox at Kansas City Royals
- MLB Las Vegas Betting Odds: Kansas City Royals vs Chicago White Sox
- Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals