How To Play Baccarat
Baccarat is one of the oldest of all casino games and has a certain amount of glamour associated with it, as famously demonstrated by James Bond. In reality the game is fairly simple and we have outlined some of the basics of Baccarat below to help you win:
- You decide whether to back the dealer or the player to get nearest to a total of 9.
- Alternatively, you can back the game to end in a tie. This is a less likely outcome but you win eight times your stake if you are right!
- If the cards in a hand total 10 or more, simply subtract 10. For example, a 7 and a 7 = 14 but the Baccarat points value is 4. Again, a 10 and a 3 = 13, but in Baccarat it counts as 3.
- Under certain circumstances a third card is dealt:
Player's hand receives a third card...
- if the first 2 cards points value equals 0 - 5.
Banker's hand receives a third card...
- if first 2 cards points value equal 0 - 2
- or total 3 points unless the player's total is 8
- or total 4 points unless the player's total is 0, 1, 8 or 9
- or total 5 points unless the player's total is 0, 1, 2, 3, 8, or 9
- or total 6 points unless the player's total is 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 or 9
The banker always stands on a total of 7
The player always stands on a total of 6 or 7.
If either the player or the banker total 8 or 9 with their first 2 cards, the game ends.
|Winning Wager On:||Payout Odds|
|Banker||1-1 (the house receives a 5% commission)|