Hockey Score: Minnesota Wild and New Jersey Devils
Friday, December 02, 2011
by Joe Rodriguez
Dany Heatley and Casey Wellman sandwiched goals around Brodziak's first tally in a three-goal first-period outburst as the Wild registered their third consecutive victory and sent Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur to the second-shortest outing of his career.
Brodeur was yanked after allowing three goals – in a span of 5:03 – on four shots in losing for the second time in 11 meetings against the Wild. He was torched for six goals at Colorado on Wednesday.
Wellman's first goal of the season KO'd Brodeur at the 8:17 mark as the Wild won their NHL-leading 10th game after surrendering the first goal of the game.
Upcoming games for both teams
Minnesota will play their next game on the road against Anaheim. The Wild have a W/L % of .667 after a win and .545 after a loss.
New Jersey will play their next game on the road against Winnipeg. The Devils have a W/L % of .462 after a win and .545 after a loss.
- Dec 4th NHL Betting Odds: Minnesota Wild at Anaheim Ducks
- NHL Free Picks and Tips: New Jersey Devils at Minnesota Wild
- Las Vegas Free NHL Picks: Dallas Stars vs Minnesota Wild
- NHL Odds: Will Be a Another Win For Sharks Tank Vs Minnesota
- NHL Picks and Tips: Minnesota Wild at San Jose Sharks