Free NBA Picks and Tips: Toronto Raptors at New York Knicks
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
The Knicks will go for their fourth consecutive victory since Woodson replaced Mike D Antoni when they host the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday. The teams have split both meetings this season, with each winning on the road.
Toronto Raptors (15-30): After an impressive victory at Memphis on Friday, Toronto coughed up a 10-point halftime lead and lost at league-worst Charlotte 107-103 on Saturday. Point guard Jerryd Bayless continued his stellar play with a team-high 29 points. He has averaged 21.8 points and 7.6 assists while starting the past five games for Jose Calderon, who may be back in the lineup Tuesday. Andrea Bargnani's struggles continue. He's averaged 13.0 points on 12 for 40 shooting in his last three games.
New York Knicks (21-24): New York has rolled to three impressive victories, winning by an average of 23.7 points following a six-game losing streak. Because of the lopsided nature of the wins, the Knicks haven't been reliant on stars Carmelo Anthony and Amar e Stoudemire, who are averaging 14.7 and 13.7 points, respectively, during their streak. J.R. Smith's offense has picked up as he settles into the sixth man role. He is averaging 16.0 points and has buried 12 3-pointers in the last three contests.
New York has won five of the past six
meetings with the Raptors.
2. Since winning back-to-back games Jan. 24-25, Toronto has failed on nine straight occasions to win consecutive games.
3. Anthony is averaging 25.3 points against the Raptors in his career.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Knicks 104, Raptors 89
- NBA Basketball Predictions: Toronto Raptors at New York Knicks
- NBA Picks and Tips: New York Knicks at Indiana Pacers
- Free NBA Picks and Tips: Orlando Magic at New York Knicks
- Jan 2nd NBA Basketball Odds: Toronto Raptors vs New York Knicks
- Basketball Las Vegas Odds and Picks: Houston Rockets at New York Knicks