Betting on Vegas MLB Games: Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians
Thursday, July 26, 2012
The red-hot Detroit Tigers go for their 15th win in 18 games when they face the Indians in the rubber game of a three-game series Thursday evening in Cleveland. Detroit’s 5-3 win on Wednesday kept the Tigers tied with the White Sox for first place in the AL Central. Rookie Quintin Berry, who made his major-league debut May 23, is sparking Detroit. He went 3-for-4 with a walk and two RBIs on Wednesday, giving him eight games this season with at least three hits.
The Indians have dropped five of seven, scoring just 16 runs in that stretch. DH Travis Hafner hit his ninth homer Wednesday but is hitting just .230 with 28 RBIs. Cleveland Indians desperately need to win the series finale before it embarks on a nine-game road trip, as the Indians have slipped four games back of the Tigers and White Sox.
Verlander has won seven of his last eight decisions and has gone at least eight innings in three consecutive starts. He’s holding batters to a .193 average and has an incredible WHIP of 0.92. But in 28 career starts against Cleveland, he’s 13-12 with a 4.70 ERA.
Batters are hitting .241 against McAllister, who has given up three or fewer earned runs in seven straight starts. He’s fanned 52 in 56 innings. The Indians have won six of his nine starts this season.
1. Tigers closer Jose Valverde has 19 saves in 23 chances after recording a save Wednesday.
2. Cleveland has won six of eight meetings this season.
3. Indians SS Asdrubal Cabrera made throwing errors on consecutive plays in Wednesday’s loss, giving him 12 errors this season.
Recent Trends on Detroit: :
- Under is 7-1-1 in DET last 9 road games.
- DET are 16-5 in their last 21 overall.
- DET are 16-5 in their last 21 games on grass.
Recent Trends on Cleveland: :
- Under is 6-2 in CLE last 8 games following a loss.
- Over is 6-2-1 in McAllisters last 9 home starts.
Head to Head :
- Under is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings.
- DET are 5-17 in the last 22 meetings in Cleveland.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Cleveland +160
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Free Predictions: Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians
- MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians
- September 14th MLB Predictions: Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: Boston Red Sox vs Cleveland Indians
- June 15 MLB Betting Odds: Cleveland Indians at Detroit Tigers