Betting in Vegas: Chicago White Sox vs Los Angeles Dodgers
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Los Angeles took the opening battle between the two first-place clubs, scoring on an eighth-inning wild pitch to cap a 7-6 comeback victory on Friday. Chicago, which lost for the third consecutive game despite two homers from Alex Rios, squandered a 5-1 lead over the final three and a half innings. The Los Angeles Dodgers, who maintained their four-game lead in the National League West, won for just the fourth time in 15 games against the White Sox dating back to 2003.
Friday’s slugfest aside, the Dodgers have thrived thanks primarily to a pitching staff that ranks among the major league leaders in ERA, opponent batting average and several other categories. The Chicago White Sox have surged to the top of the American League Central behind a powerful offense led by 1B Paul Konerko (.362) and DH Adam Dunn, who leads the major leagues with 23 home runs after going deep for the fifth time in six games on Friday night.
Humber has been incredibly inconsistent since hurling his perfect game on April 21, yielding five runs or more in five of his nine starts since. He has dropped each of his last two outings, giving up 11 runs (10 earned) in just 10 1/3 innings while walking six and surrendering five home runs. Excluding the perfect game, Humber is 1-1 with a 6.89 ERA on the road this year.
June has been good to Billingsley, who has limited opponents to two runs on eight hits in 14 innings of work while winning his first two starts of the month. Both of those victories have come on the road, however, and Billingsley has not picked up a win at home since April 11, going 0-2 with a 4.50 ERA in six Dodger Stadium starts since then.
1. The White Sox were 45-21 over a stretch of 66 interleague road games before dropping their last three.
2. Dunn struck out for the 100th time this season on Friday, reaching the mark in just his 222nd at-bat.
3. Both pitchers have made one prior start against Saturday’s opponent — Humber allowed two runs to the Dodgers over seven innings last May, while Billingsley was hit for five runs in six innings against Chicago in 2009. Neither got a decision.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- Under is 7-2 in CHW last 9 games following a loss.
- CHW are 19-7 in their last 26 Sat. games.
- CHW are 8-3 in their last 11 road games.
Recent Trends on LA Dodgers: :
- LA are 20-7 in their last 27 Sat. games.
- LA are 8-3 in their last 11 overall.
- LA are 8-3 in their last 11 games on grass.
Head to Head :
- CHW are 11-4 in the last 15 meetings.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Los Angeles -128
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Free Predictions: Chicago White Sox vs Los Angeles Dodgers
- MLB Baseball Picks & Tips: Kansas City Royals at Chicago White Sox
- Sunday June 19 MLB Odds: The White Sox at Arizona Diamondbacks
- MLB Las Vegas Lines: Chicago White Sox at Toronto Blue Jays
- MLB Baseball Las Vegas Odds: Tampa Bay Rays vs Chicago White Sox