Betting in Vegas: Arizona Diamondbacks at Milwaukee Brewers
Friday, June 29, 2012
The Arizona Diamondbacks took two of three from the Milwaukee Brewers when the clubs tangled in late May. Right-hander Ian Kennedy, who was roughed up in the Diamondbacks' lone setback, will look to rebound when the clubs open a three-game set at Miller Park on Friday. Arizona recorded its fifth win in seven outings on Thursday after Chris Young's solo homer snapped a tie in the ninth inning for a 3-2 win in Atlanta.
Milwaukee, which sits seven games under .500, ended a four-game losing skid with an 8-4 triumph over Cincinnati on Wednesday. The Brewers are gauging whether they will be concentrating on the present - or future - when the trade deadline draws near. Should Milwaukee opt for the latter, right-hander Zack Greinke could be quite the jewel for teams looking for another arm in the race for the playoffs. Greinke is a free agent at the end of the season.
Kennedy's season has gone awry after jumping out to a 3-0 mark in April. The 27-year-old dropped five consecutive starts - including a four-run effort versus Milwaukee on May 25. Kennedy, who is 1-2 in his career versus the Brewers, received a no-decision in his last outing after allowing five runs on 10 hits in 4 1/3 innings versus the Chicago Cubs on Saturday.
Wolf will vie for his first win since April 30 when he takes the mound on Friday. The 35-year-old allowed five runs on eight hits in 5 1/3 innings against the Chicago White Sox on Saturday to record his fourth straight no-decision. Wolf, who boasts a 10-5 career mark versus Arizona, permitted three runs in 5 2/3 innings to claim a no-decision against the Diamondbacks on May 27.
1. After sitting out Wednesday's victory with a bruised left elbow, Ryan Braun is expected to return to action on Friday. The reigning National League MVP is 3-for-8 with a home run in his career versus Kennedy.
2. Arizona's Miguel Montero has reached base safely in 17 consecutive games. That trend could continue against Wolf, against whom he is 4-for-8 in his career.
3. Young has homered in consecutive contests, but his pronounced struggles at the plate dropped him to eighth in the order. He was given three games off prior to Thursday's heroics.
Recent Trends on Arizona: :
- ARI are 7-2 in their last 9 Fri. games.
- Under is 11-5 in ARI last 16 road games.
- Under is 8-2 in Kennedys last 10 road starts.
Recent Trends on Milwaukee: :
- MIL are 6-2 in their last 8 home games.
- Over is 9-4 in MIL last 13 Fri. games.
- Over is 37-17-2 in MIL last 56 home games.
Head to Head :
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Arizona -120
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Sunday July 1th MLB Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks host Milwaukee Brewers
- MLB Predictions & Odds: Milwaukee Brewers at Arizona Diamondbacks
- Game 2 of Diamondbacks vs Brewers MLB NLDS Series Odds
- NLDS MLB Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks vs Milwaukee Brewers
- Prediction on MLB Games: Milwaukee Brewers vs Miami Marlins