Betting in Las Vegas: San Diego Padres at New York Mets
Sunday, May 27, 2012
by Mike Stewart
The suddenly powerful New York Mets go for their sixth win in eight games Sunday when they host the San Diego Padres in the finale of a four-game series. New York blasted three homers in Saturday’s 9-0 win, marking the third consecutive game and fourth straight at Citi Field in which a Met has gone deep. It’s been a surprising trend for New York, which is tied for 28th in the majors in home runs.
San Diego, meanwhile, has lost five of six and is a woeful 5-15 on the road. The Padres are facing a Mets club that has thrived in day games, going 14-6.
Volquez has struggled in three career starts against the Mets, going 0-2 with a 6.06 ERA. While he’s held batters to a .228 average this season, he’s been hurt by 31 walks in 10 starts. In his last two starts covering 11 innings, he was tagged for eight earned runs and 13 hits.
Dickey struck out a career-high 11 in his last start against Pittsburgh, allowing one run over seven innings. He has won four straight decisions and has not given up more than three earned runs since April 18. At home he’s been dominant, going 3-0 with a 2.33 ERA. In two career starts against the Padres, Dickey is 0-1 with a 4.38 ERA.
1. Padres first baseman Yonder Alonso has a hit in 25 of his last 27 games.
2. Mets third baseman David Wright went 0-for-3 with a walk Saturday, dropping his average to .390. He was hitting .405 after Thursday’s game.
3. The Mets are one of two teams with a winning record despite having been outscored (223-202). Miami (192-189) is the other.
Recent Trends on San Diego:
- Over is 6-2 in SD last 8 games following a loss.
- Over is 13-5 in SD last 18 Sun. games.
- SD are 17-35 in their last 52 road games.
Recent Trends on New York:
- Over is 10-1 in NYM last 11 games following a win.
- Over is 20-6-2 in NYM last 28 overall.
- Over is 20-6-2 in NYM last 28 on grass.
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds and Picks: San Diego Padres vs New York Mets
- MLB Vegas Odds: New York Mets at San Diego Padres
- MLB Baseball Predictions & Odds: San Diego Padres at New York Mets
- MLB Matchup and Trends: San Diego Padres at New York Mets
- MLB Odds for August 11: San Diego Padres vs New York Mets