2013 Super Bowl XLVII Odds: Bills sign QB Vince Young to 1-year deal
Friday, May 11, 2012
The deal is for one year, according to the Buffalo News. ESPN.com reported the deal is worth $2 million with $1 million more in incentives.
"We think adding Vince to our roster will create more competition for the backup quarterback position," said Bills General Manager Buddy Nix in a statement. "He brings with him some unique physical abilities that most are aware of and that will make the competition interesting. It's all about improving our team."
Young, who worked out with the Bills earlier this month, played last season with the Philadelphia Eagles as a backup to Michael Vick. Young threw for 866 yards, four touchdowns and nine interceptions in six games.
The two-time Pro Bowl honoree had his best seasons with the Tennessee Titans from 2006-2010. He has completed 755-of-1,304 passes for 8,964 yards and 46 touchdowns. Also, he has rushed for 1,459 rushing yards on 282 carries with 12 touchdowns in 60 games.
However, his career has been checkered, including being demoted to backup in 2008 and his release by the Titans in 2011.
- NFL Betting News: Indianapolis Colts with no Surprise Pick Andrew Luck
- NFL Pick: Hopeful Philadelphia Eagles Meet Surging Miami Dolphins
- NFL Week 5 Odds: Dream Team Eagles in Must Win vs Buffalo Bills
- NFL Preseason Odds: NFL Dream Team Debuts Against Ravens Thursday
- Aengus Moorehead NFL Football Week 7 Betting Picks