2012 Belmont Stakes Vegas Odds: Dullahan the Betting Favorite
Saturday, June 09, 2012
by Bovada Racebook
Yesterday’s announcement that Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes winner Ill Have Another will not run in today’s Belmont Stakes was a huge blow to the 2012 Belmont Stakes Las Vegas Odds betting industry. However, you know the saying that "the show must go on," and it will today when the Belmont runs at 6:40 p.m. EST.
Dullahan was expected to be the horse that could prevent I’ll Have Another from winning the Triple Crown, and in the latter horse’s absence, Dullahan becomes the new favorite to win the race with 9/5 odds and will run from stall 5. Dullahan finished third at the Derby, so he’s proven he can handle himself in a big race.
For those of you who like longshots, Ravelo’s Boy improved his chances to win, moving to a 40/1 shot. Meanwhile, Five Sixteen and Guyana Star Dweej both had odds that didn’t chance with yesterday’s announcement. They remain at 50/1 and 60/1, respectively.
- 2012 Belmont Stakes and Triple Crown Betting at Bovada Racebook
- Longshots Betting and Vegas Odds to Win the 2012 Belmont Stakes
- 2012 Belmont Stakes Top Contenders and Triple Crown Odds
- 138th Kentucky Derby Vegas Odds: Bodemeister and Union Rags on Top
- Triple Crown Betting: Odds to Win the 2012 Kentucky Derby