2012 Baseball Odds: Minnesota Twins at Texas Rangers
Sunday, July 08, 2012
After Roy Oswalt defeated the Colorado Rockies 4-1 in his 2012 debut June 22, it appeared the Texas Rangers had landed the veteran starter which would help them win their first World Series title. Oswalt, though, allowed a career-high 11 runs in his last start and a career-high 13 hits in each of his last two outings.
Oswalt, 34, will try to regain the form that led him to a 161-94 career record when the Rangers host the Minnesota Twins on Sunday in the finale of their three-game series, which ushers in the All-Star break. He will oppose Minnesota rookie Cole De Vries, whose two career victories have come against the Kansas City Royals.
The Rangers snapped a season-high five-game losing streak with a 4-3 victory Saturday when Nelson Cruz doubled home Adrian Beltre in the 10th inning. Cruz is 5-for-8 in the series. Texas, which leads the major leagues in runs with 5.2 per game, has been outscored 37-13 in its last six games.
De Vries allowed two runs and three hits in two innings of relief in his last outing, a 5-1 loss at Detroit on Wednesday. He defeated the Royals 5-1 in his last start June 30 when he yielded one run and struck out six in six innings. His previous start came June 4, a 10-7 victory at Kansas City before he was sent back down to Triple-A Rochester. De Vries has never faced Texas or any of its players.
Oswalt lasted 4 2/3 innings and yielded three homers in Texas’ 19-2 loss to the Chicago White Sox on July 3. He allowed five runs in six innings in his previous start, a 13-9 victory over Detroit on June 27. Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau are each 2-for-7 against Oswalt.
1. Texas’ Josh Hamilton homered and went 1-for-4 as the designated hitter Saturday. He left Friday’s game after suffering back spasms while playing the outfield. Hamilton's 27 homers are tied with Toronto’s Jose Bautista for the major-league lead and his 75 RBIs lead baseball.
2. Minnesota’s Josh Willingham has 19 homers and 60 RBIs and is on pace to surpass his career highs of 29 and 98 set last season with Oakland.
Recent Trends on Minnesota::
- Under is 9-3 in MIN last 12 games following a loss.
- Under is 11-5 in MIN last 16 overall.
- Under is 11-5 in MIN last 16 on grass.
Recent Trends on Texas::
- TEX are 20-6 in their last 26 Sun. games.
- Under is 10-4 in TEX last 14 Sun. games.
- TEX are 41-18 in their last 59 home games.
Las Vegas Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Texas -190
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- August 25th MLB Predictions: Minnesota Twins vs Texas Rangers
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Minnesota Twins vs Texas Rangers
- Las Vegas Odds: Minnesota Twins at Texas Rangers
- Game 3 Prediction of 2011 World Series: Cardinals visit Rangers
- Game 2 World Series Odds: Texas Rangers at St Louis Cardinals